Tuesday 19 June 2007

Chinese Orchestra affairs ep1

We had CO today, Chinese Orchestra for short, and it was so damn tiring. I was even envious of the many who didnt come for practice, lazy i supposed. I was tempted to do the same for a reason....I SOOO do not want to see the conductor!
It's not that i don't like her, its just that she is so boring. She came in approximately half an hour late and from that minute on, kept rattling on and on about and reminding us stuff like our vision, goal, discipline and peppered in some of her own experiences. Although these infomation were quite 'valuable', the droning on and on of the conductor's voice made me lose my attention and the information was just like a train, passing through the tunnel from my right ear to the left one.
But at one point, she said some stuff that left me disgusted.
1. She mentioned one of the aspects of discipline, which is to be on time for practises. Does that ring a bell? Hellooo!!! If she wants us to be punctual ( which most of us were by the way), should she start by showing an example?? (Okok, i should be also understanding that she has a busy timetable.) But then think about it...
2. She has a nasty habit of setting far-fetched goals which i totally hate. I don't know about the others but it was certainly bad. For example.......'we will set one week for all of you to finish the recent score. There are 20 lines in total on the music score and if you practised 4 lines a day, you will finish the score in 5 days'.
Oh how i hate that!
The rest of the practice was spent on practising on the recent score and i had to lugged my heavy instrument back home, which left red marks on the palms of my hand (at the same time claiming what was left of the energy i had).

Episode 1 The end

No comments: